Leaker Partners have prepared a Commercial Lease COVID-19 Variation Package. The purpose of the...
If only I’d known before...
What happens when you don’t have that legal document
I was recently interviewed on a common complaint of business owners: ‘If I only I’d known before…’ It’s a good feeling seeing clients who are glad they had the necessary documentation in place before a major business transaction.
When the Blades Stop Spinning: Obligations of the Wind Farm Owner during the Decommissioning Process
- At the end of the life of a wind farm (around 20 to 25 years), the site must be decommissioned
- The decommissioning process is an obligation of the wind farm owner
- Landowners should protect their interests by ensuring the obligations of the wind farm owner regarding infrastructure removal and site restoration are clearly set out in the wind farm lease
Retirement Village Contracts
Do you need help with a retirement village residence contract?
Many of us have a family member who is living in or about to move into a retirement village. Among many important considerations is the need to review and understand the residence contract.
Retirement village residence contracts are usually structured as a lease but can involve the purchase of a villa. These residence contracts are typically very long as they are required to contain certain information by the relevant legislation. This makes them daunting for seniors (or anyone really) to read. However, they are significant documents and are expected to be relevant for 10-20+ years.
Like any legal document, there are important things to know and potential pitfalls if information isn’t clear to the resident or those responsible for him/her.
At Leaker Partners we are uniquely placed to assist with these matters, since we have specialists in property law and trusted partners in wills and estate planning. We work as a team to provide the most straight-forward outcome for our clients, at a very affordable rate.
Powering the Future: the 3 Winners from the Finkel Review into the National Electricity Market
- Finkel Review commissioned to combat Australia's energy crisis
- Renewable energy will dominate the future of Australia's electricity supply
- The big winners from the Finkel Review are wind and solar power