Leaker Partners 'Pitfalls in retirement village contracts' Breakfast Seminar
Michael Lewis and Sean Gomes will be presenting the next Leaker Partners Breakfast Seminar on ‘Pitfalls in retirement village contracts’… recognise and avoid the pitfalls so that you can enjoy a stress-free retirement.
“Retirement means no pressure, no stress, no heartache... unless you play golf.” Gene Perret
Date: Thursday, 26 October 2017
Time: 7:30am to 8:30am
Venue: The Western Australian Club
- More and more senior Australians are now considering a retirement village lifestyle.
- However, retirement village contracts can be long and complex, confusing and weighted in favour of the village owner/operator.
- In fact, operators are coming under government scrutiny and investigation after numerous complaints being made by residents, particularly in relation to excessive fees
- Retirement village contracts may be in place for 10-20+ years so they are a big deal.
- Before signing on the dotted line, you must be sure you understand the contract and identify the potential pitfalls, to avoid locking yourself (or your beneficiaries) into paying exorbitant fees and charges.
- In addition to reviewing the contract itself, you should also ensure your will and estate planning is updated to suit your new arrangements, to ensure clarity for beneficiaries when the contract ends.